non-profit, faith-community sponsored charity organization
ECHO has grown from being a food pantry and clothing depot to being a charity organization called upon to help meet temporary housing, food, transportation and other emergency needs for low-income families. Our services include:
- Food Pantry – providing food, including commodities
- Janesville Farmer’s Market Vouchers
- Senior “Stockbox” Program
- Bread & other Food provided to breakfast clubs, agencies,etc.
- Emergency Rent Assistance
- Emergency Lodging
- Cleaning & Personal Supplies
- Diapers & Baby Food
- Gas & Bus Vouchers – out of funding
- Humane Society Pet Pantry
ECHO stands for Everyone Cooperating to Help Others
ECHO seeks to help people help themselves through its programs and services, not readily available through other sources, and to assist them in utilizing other existing services and programs in the community. It does not impose any theological or political value system upon those served. It exists through the generosity of others in the community. Congregations help us, so do many individuals, businesses, school and community groups, foundations, and social service agencies. Requests for assistance may be made at the ECHO Office.