non-profit, faith-community sponsored charity organization
ECHO has grown from being a food pantry and clothing depot to being a charity organization called upon to help meet temporary housing, food, transportation and other emergency needs for low-income families. Our services include:
- Food Pantry – providing food, including commodities
- Janesville Farmer’s Market Vouchers
- Senior “Stockbox” Program
- Bread & other Food provided to breakfast clubs, agencies,etc.
- Emergency Rent Assistance
- Emergency Lodging
- Cleaning & Personal Supplies
- Diapers & Baby Food
- Gas & Bus Vouchers – out of funding
- Humane Society Pet Pantry
Or you can drop off donations of school supplies at: Anchor Bank, Associated Bank - Center Ave., Badger Veterinary Hospital, Big Lots, Commercial Bank, Data Dimensions, Hagen CPA, Jax Custom Graphics, Maurices, Office Pro, Park Place Chiropractic, Rock County Clerk's Office, and Rock-Green Realtors Association.
Janesville Country Club 608-754-5333
11:00 AM / 02:00 PM Parker High School (608) 754-5333
Lunch and Fundraiser to support ECHO, fighting to end hunger in Janesville w/handmade soups from restaurants along w/artisan breads.
- Soup, Bread, Beverage, and Dessert Only: Price TBA
- Soup, Bread, Beverage, Dessert and Hand Thrown Bowl: Price TBA
- Soup, Bread, Beverage, Dessert, Hand Thrown Bowl, and Reserved Seating with Servers: Price TBA
ADVANCE TICKETS AVAILABLE AT:
Soups from these Participating Locations
Eagle Inn, GR's Sandwich Shoppe, Luke's Deli, Mac's Pizza Shack, My Apartment, Quaker Steak & Lube, and Red Robin
Check back soon - More being added daily!
06:00 PM / 08:00 AM Rock County Fair Grounds
Homelessness can happen to anyone. On any given night, as many as 200 individuals and families in Rock County are assisted by local shelter providers. Many who seek these services are placed on waiting lists.
On Friday, November 4, 2016 the second annual Sleep Out to End Homelessness event will be held at the Rock County Fairgrounds. Five local organizations are uniting to raise awareness and funds to support local programs and services assisting Rock County’s homeless population. Event proceeds will benefit: ECHO, Edgerton Community Outreach, G.I.F.T.S., House of Mercy, and Project 16:49.
Participants commit to sleep out at the fairgrounds and gather sponsors to raise money for the cause. Prizes will be awarded to the top individual and group, youth and adult fund raisers. At the event, participants will have the opportunity to discuss, think and learn about homelessness in Rock County. Individuals, families, youth groups, church congregations, service and fraternal organizations, school clubs, and corporate teams are encouraged to participate.
While there is no way that a single night can replicate the helplessness and personal pain of truly being homeless, Sleep Out participants should leave with a better understanding of:
- homelessness in Rock County and its causes
- challenges faced by those experiencing homelessness
- community resources available to assist the homeless and increase their self-sufficiency
- how we, as individuals and a community, can play a role in creating and supporting change
To find out how to sign up and sleep out to end homelessness, please visit www.rock-hitf.org
ECHO stands for Everyone Cooperating to Help Others
ECHO seeks to help people help themselves through its programs and services, not readily available through other sources, and to assist them in utilizing other existing services and programs in the community. It does not impose any theological or political value system upon those served. It exists through the generosity of others in the community. Congregations help us, so do many individuals, businesses, school and community groups, foundations, and social service agencies. Requests for assistance may be made at the ECHO Office.