We reached for the clouds this year with our goal of crossing the $1,000,000 mark for total funds raised during the 38 Janesville CROP Hunger Walks. We met and exceeded our goal by $14,843.95!
The total raised, because of your generosity, during the 38th Janesville CROP Hunger Walk was $45,024.95. ECHO will receive 25% or $11,256.23 of that amount. ECHO should have received the first check by the time you are reading this newsletter. Thank you so much for your extraordinary generosity!
Special thanks to the churches who raised the money and their recruiters who did the behind the scenes work of encouraging individuals to walk and then receiving and counting the funds they raised.
- Asbury United Methodist Kirk Demmon
- Cargill United Methodist Deb Kline-Tollefson
- Faith Lutheran Jim Tollefson
- First Christian Martin Huckstep
- First Congregational Carolyn Brandeen
- First Lutheran Eric Engen
- First Presbyterian Wes Green
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Dianne Punzel and Todd Sullivan
- Mt Calvary Lutheran Gloria Huschka
- Mt Zion United Methodist Ruth Watt
- Rock Prairie United Presbyterian Shari Faber
- St John Lutheran Lori Haldeman
- St Mark Lutheran Rev. Paul Speerbrecher
- St Mary Catholic Lynn Soat
- St Patrick Catholic Mike and Kathy Farrey
- St Peter Lutheran Karen Goelzer McKaig
- Trinity Episcopal Ann Wanke
This was an historic Walk because we crossed the $1,000,000 mark for funds raised during the 38 Janesville CROP Hunger Walks. We honored those who had participated in the first CROP Hunger Walk in 1977.
They are: Marj and Bob Banner of Asbury United Methodist; Julie Farnsworth of Good Shepherd Lutheran; Karen Goelzer McKaig of St Peter Lutheran; Deb Kline Tollefson and Al Bennett of Cargill United Methodist.
We are grateful for your commitment to ending hunger and providing clean and safe drinking water for children and families across the world.