ECHO receives some government grant funding to assist with rent payments for residents of Rock County. Rent assistance is available in emergency situations only. You must have proof of how you got behind and/or why you need assistance. This program can pay up to one month’s rent. If you do not qualify for the government grants, we can sometimes use donated funds to pay your rent. Donated funds run out quickly, so we cannot guarantee assistance. You must prove that you can afford your place after ECHO helps and afford any remaining balance that ECHO can’t pay.

ECHO does help with Security Deposits, instead of rent, for those on Section 8 or in other subsidized housing programs.

To start this process, please call 754-5333, stop by during our open hours or fill out the application below.